Why, When, and How to Place a Fuel Order in Massachusetts
It’s a more commonly asked question than you might think! In fact, ordering fuel doesn’t have to be difficult. Anyone can learn to read a tank gauge to know when you have to order fuel to prevent a no-heat emergency, and Ken Duval Oil will show you how easy the process is! Keep reading to learn everything you need to know about reading your tank gauge, home heating safety, and placing an online order with Ken Duval Oil.
Related Post: Top Factors That Affect Your Heating Oil Usage in Massachusetts
How to Read a Heating Oil Tank Gauge in MA
Reading a fuel tank is something anyone can do. Don’t be intimidated! Just follow these three simple steps to reading your fuel level and you’ll be an expert before you know it.
- Approach the oil tank. They are usually stored in the basement of your home. If your tank happens to be outside, be sure to clear snow and debris from the area and off the tank.
- Find the small glass cylinder or dial on top of the tank. The gauge will show a small marker according to how full your tank is. It can be at any of the following levels: Full, ¾, ½, ¼, or Empty.
- If your tank is at or below ¼, it’s time to place your oil order! Deliveries can take up to a few days, so you don’t want to wait any longer or you’ll risk a fuel runout.
Pro Tip: Reading an oil gauge is just like reading the gas gauge in your car! Keep this handy trick in mind while inspecting the fuel level of your tank.
Get Automatic Fuel Delivery in South Shore, Massachusetts Now
Prefer not to check your fuel levels? If monitoring your own fuel isn’t for you, we offer automatic fuel delivery for our oil heat customers. Being enrolled in automatic delivery has some incredible perks, such as:
- Reducing the risk of a fuel runout emergency
- Gaining peace-of-mind from a full tank
- Less time worrying about monitoring your oil
- No need to call and schedule fuel orders
You can sign up for automatic oil delivery by contacting us online. Once you sign up, we will monitor your tank and the weather to accurately estimate when you need an oil delivery. Whether you want to sign up for automatic delivery or request a different product or service, please contact us online or give us a call at (781) 878-8005.
Not yet a Ken Duval Oil customer? Sign up today to get started!
Download Our App to Order Fuel Instantly!
With the Ken Duval Oil mobile app, we’ve made ordering fuel easier than ever before by ordering oil in a single click. Download today on the App Store or Google Play.
Need Fast, Reliable Fuel Delivery in South Shore, MA? Count on Ken Duval Oil
Ken Duval Oil offers affordable heating oil and diesel delivery as well as expert HVAC services to residential and commercial customers on the South Shore of Massachusetts. If you’re interested in getting reliable heating fuel delivery and service from local experts in the home heating industry, contact the experts at Ken Duval Oil and join our family of happy customers today.